MembershipMembers are the lifeblood of a Guild...
Membership has its Advantages
Friendship is the cornerstone of our Guild. We encourage our members to share and extend their
While visitors are welcome to attend two meetings without joining the Guild, membership carries certain privileges:
- Member Newsletters - Members receive the "In Stitches" newsletter each month (excluding January) via email, detailing the Guild’s activities and events, and those of similar groups. In addition,
email newsis sent to all online members regularily with the latest posts, events and news.
- Library - Members can borrow books and magazines from the Guilds' extensive library free of charge. We subscribe to a number of quilting magazines and are regularly adding new books
- PUPS (Polish Up Your Patchwork Skills) - These free workshops are offered to members on most meeting days. Each year they cover a wide range of topics, great for learning new skills and techniques
- "Tutors of Note" Workshops - Guild members can attend workshops with internationally recognised tutors at a fraction of the cost you would pay at one of the major quilting events
- Annual Retreat - A residential weekend where all you have to do is create and enjoy the company of your fellow quilters. You can attend the various lessons and events, or just work on that UFO project that’s been bugging you for so long (we all have them!). Only Guild members may attend the retreats.
- Biennial Exhibition - Every second year the Guild holds an Exhibition open for all members to display their work. This is not a competition, everyone is encouraged to exhibit, regardless of skill level.
- Biennial Quilt-In - Every alternate year to the Exhibition we hold a Quilt-In. It is
funday with prizes, a members challenge and interesting guest speakers. Time also for a little shopping.
- Caring and Sharing Program - The Guild donates quilts to people in need in our community. While some members simply donate a completed quilt, others piece, or quilt, or sew on binding and labels according to their skills and time constraints. We owe a lot to those members who donate fabric, wadding, time and enthusiasm.
- "Sew Art and Chat" – The Guild runs informal gatherings most months where members can spend the day working on a project of their choice. You can bring your sewing machine, or, stick to hand work. There is often a voluntary Caring and Sharing project to work on. The Art quilting group meets to explore interesting techniques and set monthly challenges. Dates and venues are announced at general meetings, published in the newsletter and on the website.
- Members Website — The Patchworkers and Quilters website includes an exclusive
area. Here Members may access a range of Guild information and services. members–only
The Guild Membership year is from 1st July to 30th June. Membership fees are due by July 31st annually.
Our annual membership fee is $35.00 ($17.50 pro-rata for new members joining after January 1st).
New members also pay a once only $5 joining fee, plus $15 for a Guild name badge.
Ps & Qs membership is governed by these Rules of Incorporation ->> Ps & Qs Constitution
Become a Member:
Download the Membership Application Form ->> Membership Application form
Post completed Membership Form to:The Membership Secretary
Contact us if you have any questions about our Guild or membership