Membershipmembers are the lifeblood of a Guild...
Membership has its Advantages
Friendship is the cornerstone of our Guild. We encourage our members to share and extend their skills, and to help foster excellence in the creation of beautiful quilts. Beginner, intermediate, or expert, you will be welcome.
While visitors are welcome to attend two meetings without joining the Guild, membership carries certain privileges:
- Member Newsletters - Members receive the "In Stitches" newsletter each month (excluding January) via email, detailing the Guild’s activities and events, and those of similar groups. In addition, email news is sent to all online members weekly with the latest posts, events and forum topics from the website.
- Library - Members can borrow books and magazines from the Guilds' extensive library free of charge. We subscribe to a number of quilting magazines and are regularly adding new books
- PUPS (Polish Up Your Patchwork Skills) - These free workshops are offered to members on most meeting days. Each year they cover a wide range of topics, great for learning new skills and techniques
- "Tutors of Note" Workshops - Guild members can attend workshops with internationally recognised tutors at a fraction of the cost you would pay at one of the major quilting events
- Annual Retreat - A residential weekend where all you have to do is create and enjoy the company of your fellow quilters. You can attend the various lessons and events, or just work on that UFO project that’s been bugging you for so long (we all have them!). Only Guild members may attend the retreats.
- Biennial Exhibition - Every second year the Guild holds an Exhibition open for all members to display their work. This is not a competition, everyone is encouraged to exhibit, regardless of skill level.
- Caring and Sharing Program - The Guild donates quilts to people in need in our community. While some members simply donate a completed quilt, others piece, or quilt, or sew on binding and labels according to their skills and time constraints. We owe a lot to those members who donate fabric, wadding, time and enthusiasm.
- "Sew Art and Chat" – The Guild runs informal gatherings most months where members can spend the day working on a project of their choice. You can bring your sewing machine, or, stick to hand work. There is often a voluntary Caring and Sharing project to work on. The Art quilting group meets to explore interesting techniques and set monthly challenges. Dates and venues are announced at general meetings, published in the newsletter and on the website.
- Modern Members Website — The Patchworkers and Quilters website includes an exclusive members –only area. Here Members may access a range of Guild information, services and participate in the multi-board forums.
Our annual membership fee is $35.00 ($17.50 pro-rata for new members joining after January 1st). We also offer a Junior Membership at $15.00 pa for those aged between 12 and 18.
New members also pay a once only $5 joining fee, plus $15 for a Guild name badge.
Membership fees are due by July 31st annually.
Download the Membership Form, fill out and bring along to our next meeting for the Membership Secretary.
Alternatively you may complete the form then post the form and your cheque to our Membership Secretary. Make cheque payable to : Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria
Click to ->> Download the Membership Application Form (pdf file) <<-
Post completed Membership Form to:The Membership Secretary, PO Box 232, Burwood 3125 Victoria
Contact us if you have any questions about our Guild or membership