About Usa brief overview of our Guild
Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria
We are a group of quilters with different skill levels and experience who foster the art of patchwork and quilting from traditional to modern and art quilts. We make friendship the cornerstone of our Guild, and encourage our members to share and extend their skills.
Since the group began in 1978, we have strived to fulfill the following aims:
- To promote patchwork and quilting with monthly meetings
- To improve our knowledge and skills with guest speakers, skill sharing and teaching workshops
- To make quilts for community organisations through our Caring & Sharing program
- To stage a members exhibition bi-annually
- To keep in contact with our members through our newsletter and website
- To offer an extensive library of books and magazines for member enjoyment
Our members come from all over the Melbourne metropolitan area, meeting once a month to talk about quilting, share projects, sew and inspire each other. Members provide a great source of ideas and direction, guiding the Committee each year.
We are a non-profit organisation incorporated in Victoria. Funds generated by the Guild are used to fulfill our educational and charitable goals.
Members are the lifeblood of a quilting Guild
Why not come and enjoy the fellowship of our Guild as you extend your quilting knowledge?