About UsA brief overview of our Guild
Patchworkers and Quilters Guild of Victoria
We are a group of quilters with different skill levels and experience who foster the art and craft of patchwork and quilting from traditional to modern and art quilts. We make friendship the cornerstone of our Guild and encourage our members to share and extend their skills.
Since the group began in 1978, we have strived to fulfil the following aims:
- To promote patchwork and quilting with monthly meetings and events
- To improve our knowledge and skills with guest speakers, skill sharing and teaching workshops
- To make quilts for community organisations through our Caring & Sharing program
- To produce a biennial members exhibition
- To stage a biennial Quilt-In on alternate years to the member's exhibition
- To keep in contact with our members through our newsletters, website and Facebook
- To offer an extensive library of books and magazines for member enjoyment
Our members come from all over the Melbourne metropolitan area, meeting once a month to talk about quilting, share projects, sew and inspire each other. Members provide a great source of ideas and direction, guiding the Committee each year.
We are a non-profit organisation incorporated in Victoria. Funds generated by the Guild are used to fulfil our educational goals and support a variety of charities.